Help with Federal Agency

If you cannot get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve the problem or get you the information you need. While I cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, my staff will do its best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions: Help With a Federal Agency.

Please note that I can only assist residents of my congressional district in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, the Constituent Authorization Form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail, or fax, in to my office closest to you.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence, such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.

My staff must have your signature on the Constituent Authorization Form in order to process this type of request.

To proceed to the Constituent Authorization Form please enter your full Zip Code below:

Your Zip Code

Regrettably, I am only able to assist residents of the Central and South Coast region. Please enter your zip code below to verify your residency and go to the next step. To look up your Member of Congress, please visit here:


To look up your full Zip Code (+4) please use the USPS Look Up tool here.

If you have any difficulties, please phone (202) 225-3601 or report a website problem.